We have seen wireless technologies develop right in front of our eyes for about 20 years:
- In 1997 г. IEEE 802.11 «Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC)» standard was introduced;
- In 1998 Bluetooth 1.0 appeared;
- Wi-Fi protocol was created the same year;
- Z-Wave wireless protocol appeared in 2001;
- IEEE 802.15.4 (ZigBee) standard was created in May 2003.
It’s an evolution of wireless connection that allows to unite devices in a single net quickly and easily. Nevertheless, wired connection is still preferred when designing and realizing automation objects. Or is it not? We asked our customers, professional installers, to share their experience of using wireless devices.
And here are the results.